|• Work closely with the Director, Animation Director, other Supervisors and Animation team to complete work in accordance with the style of the show
• Review animatic to predict challenges that may come up throughout the episode and assign quota to individual animators
• Support and mentor animation team, identifying and focusing on strengths within the team when assigning workload
• Review animation completed by the team and assign revisions as required.
• Review all completed animation and revisions prior to submitting work to the Animation Director
• Complete creative revisions required as called by the Director, Animation Director and Clients
• Ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met
• Resolve problems or concerns within the Animation department in a productive and positive manner and bringing attention to challenges when necessary
• Communicating with the Art Director and Animation Director, as well as various departments, such as design, rigging, layout and background paint
• Provide feedback on rigs, requesting designs and changes to BGs if they are needed in animation
|• 5+ years experience as an animator on productions
• Previous experience as an Animation Supervisor on a production series is an asset
• Proficient in the use of Harmony, with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
• Able to manage and mentor a team of 5-10 animators
• Strong knowledge of animation principles and keen eye on quality
• Solid understanding of walk cycles, lip sync, realistic timing, and character acting
• Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
• Effective problem solving skills with an enthusiasm for creative solutions
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
9 Story Media takes diversity and inclusion seriously and we are committed to ensuring equity in the recruitment process. Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, Racialized and LGBT2SQ+ communities, candidates from a range of ages and religious beliefs and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we deliver high-quality kids' content, and we seek to have diverse characters so that all our audience feels represented. We also want the same for our own workforce, and 9 Story Media is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all identities are represented and respected.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process to be successful in performing essential job functions. We’d love to know how we can support your requirements for accommodation.