|• 2 + years of previous experience as a Senior Animator on an animated series
• Highly proficient in the use of Maya, with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
• Strong knowledge of animation principles with the ability to demonstrate and teach others
• Solid understanding of walk cycles, lip sync, and character timing
• Able to manage and mentor a team of 5-10 animators
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Effective problem-solving skills, solution-oriented
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
• Pro-active with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.